Writers are awesome. That’s just the truth. I should know, I am one, and yes, I am awesome *pats self on shoulder and goes to look for friends.* But in all seriousness, if you’re a writer, here are ten reasons why you should feel really freaking good about yourself:
- You get to spend time doing what you love. Whether writing is an income source or a hobby, you enjoy those hours at the desk (most of the time).
- The writing community! You have access to a community full of like-minded people that support you in your endeavors and give you feedback on your results.
- You are one powerful individual. Manipulating people’s fragile emotions (in an ethically acceptable way!) has never been more satisfying.
- You’ve tapped into a beautiful part of the human mind. As an artist, you develop your creativity and imagination more than most people on the planet.
- Self-discovery. Writing reveals facets of your own character and personality that you yourself didn’t know existed.
- A healthy emotional outlet. The fiction you write is a great way to channel your emotions, even the negative ones like fear, sorrow, or anger.
- You influence society. Writing is one of the most powerful ways to challenge people to think, to act, or to change.
- You’ll impact people you’ve never met. If done well, your stories will be enjoyed by thousands of people who will love you for them.
- You don’t give up! Writing is hard work, and the fact that you throw yourself into it with all your determination proves you are strong.
- You’ll always be able to outdo yourself. The sky’s the limit and there are always new ideas. You’ll never run out of work!
The list could be a lot longer, but it’ll do for now! What else is there about being a writer that’s awesome? Drop a comment and keep the list going!